* April, 2013 - The biggest news so far... 3IJF is the recipient of a $250,000 grant from the Samuel P. Mandell Foundation!
* March, 2013 - AOH presented 3IJF with a $750. We have such a soft spot in our hearts for the AOH. Thank you!
* February 16, 2013 - Carolyn Van Houten's photo story on the O'Loughlin family, "The House Autism Built," won the picture story category against professionals for the North Carolina Press Photographers Association. Also, her documentary, "World Within Our Own," also on the O'Loughlin family, was selected as a nominee for the Sprout Film Festival, to be aired at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC this spring. Congrats Carolyn!
* February 15, 2013 - The Ancient Order of Hibernians (AOH) has chosen 3IJF to be one of their recipients for their annual charitable donations again this year. Thank you AOH of Raleigh!
* February 12 - 3IJF welcomed Dawn Allen, CEO of GHA Autism Supports, as our newest board member. Welcome Dawn!
* January 8 - 3IJF welcomed David & Robin Green as our newest board members. Welcome Dave & Robin!
* Friday, January 4 - Ms. Parrott's 2nd grade class at Kestrel Heights Elementary School presents Erin with a $1,000 check. Erin received the most amazing honor of being able to talk with the class about autism and differences.
* November 2012 - 3 Irish Jewels Farm is FINALLY officially a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization!
* Friday, September 21 - Pat Murnane's Irish Pub in Wake Forest hosted their first annual Golf Tournament, benefitting 3 Irish Jewels Farm!
Proceeds went towards land acquisition for 3 Irish Jewels Farm. Thank you to Edie Sebastian, tournament coordinator, and Michael Norris, owner of Pat Murnane's Irish Pub, for all of the amazing work you put into this successful event. And thank you so, so much to all of our sponsors - we are still adding up the revenue, but so far, we have managed to surpass our $10,000 sponsorship goal!
(Pot O Gold - $1000):
Danco Electrical Contractors. Inc.
(Emerald - $750):
Hi Tech fabrications
(Clover - $500):
Thomas Law Firm
(Flag Sponsor - $750):
(Tee box - $250.00):
Ben Kuhn - Kuhn Law Firm
(Cart Sponsors - $50.00):
Carolina IT (2)
Privana Tan and wellness
AdPro Printing & Promotional Products
Triangle Lending Services
(150 Marker - $50):
Hartmann Home Improvement
Wagner Service Unlimited
Blue Wave Pressure Washing
* Friday, September 15, 2012 - 3IJF is featured in The Cary News and Southwest Wake News.
* Friday, September 15, 2012 - 3IJF had a vendor booth set up at the Temple Grandin presentation & conference in Chapel Hill.
* Saturday, September 8, 2012 - Erin was interviewed live on Autism America Radio. You can hear her segment here.
* Saturday, September 8, 2012 - 3IJF had a vendor booth set up at the Brooks Avenue Church of Christ Special Needs Resource Fair.
* Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 3 Irish Jewels Farm was featured on Business Among Moms.
* Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 3 Irish Jewels Farm had a vendor booth set up at the Community Expo at the TelaBility 4th Annual 5K Run and 1 Mile Walk/Roll Fundraiser at Koka Booth Amphitheater, in Cary.
* March 17, 2012 - 3IJF received $500 from the Raleigh St. Patrick's Day Parade Committee.
* March 17, 2012 - 3 Irish Jewels Farm had its very own float in the Raleigh St. Patrick's Day Parade and then a vendor tent set up at the Festival afterwards. The Parade committee presented 3IJF with a donation on the Shamrock & Roll Stage in Moore Square.
* March 10, 2012 - 3IJF received $1,000 from the Wake County Ancient Order of Hibernians. Thank you AOH!
* February 27, 2012 - 3IJF founding Board members and guests met at Erin's house and discussed ideas.
* February 8, 2012 - Opened a bank account for 3 Irish Jewels Farm... feeling more official now.
* February 6, 2012 - Hired a lawyer to help with attaining 501(c)(3) status. Coincidentally, she received her law degree from my alma mater (Wake Forest University). Go Deacs!
* January 30, 2012 - 3 Irish Jewels Farm incorporated!